Monday, December 8, 2014

Clear Tag


Today's make is an acetate tag.  I started with a Hero Arts Elegant Pine stencil and embossing paste coloured a little with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, sprinkled with fine glitter while still wet.  Staz-On Cotton White was used to stamp the docrafts sentiment on the Tim Holtz Fragment and the edges of the fragment and the tag were distressed with the same ink.


I made the little dangler from beads in my stash and added some silver cord and ribbon and some dots of Glossy Accents for shine.  Glossy Accents spreads like mad on acetate! They were meant to be domed icy dots but didn't quite work out that way.

The whole tag lacked stability so I backed it with Peppermint Collection from Crate paper.

I'd like to enter this into:

Virginia's View Challenge - All Things Distressed
Really Reasonable Ribbon - Tags Tags Tags with ribbon or trim
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Christmas/Holidays

See you tomorrow with another card!

Ger x

7 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is gorgeous! I love the snowy branches on acetate tag and use of jewel elements and ribbons...just lovely in every way! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Christmas/Holidays” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE this!! I have loads of those fragments and never ever thought to stamp on them, lol. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful. I think it really makes it special that you did the tree on acetate with glitter!! Love this tag and thanks for sharing it with us on the RRR Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning! I love the frosty accents and your use of acetate is just magnificent! Thanks for sharing this tag with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sooo elegant ...thanks for playing with us at RRR

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a pretty tag!

    Thank so much for joining us at RRR! See you in the new year for our next challenge!

    Jenn DT

    ReplyDelete